Thursday, October 11, 2012

Summer Adventures

Photobucket 
(Me by B)

Long time no see :)
Hello cyber friends. After all this time I suppose you might be slightly curious about what has been keeping me occupied. So lets start where we left off.



I spent some days studying and sunbathing at Baleal, after which I returned  to Lisbon for my last exams.  I then went back to Caldas da Rainha where I spent most of my days at the beach with friends.

To quick off the summer I went to a summer festival called Optimus Alive to see and delight myself with the sounds of Mumford and Sons and The Cure.

By the mids of July I had the opportunity to spent some days at a friend's house in Berlengas. I had a blast! The days were spent jumping from quirky rocks into the big ocean and swimming after beautiful fishes. The sun was hot which made us hide inside after lunch. Games of Trivial Pursuit were played and argued about. At night, thought tired we were still able to admire the stars.

After a quick stop home, my friends and I went for another adventure at another friend's house at Praia do Pedrogão. Even though all of my friends were invited, for some reason, fate only wanted for couples to go. It was very cute to see my friends being super well behaved and attentive to their girls needs. There was this afternoon that I specially loved, my friends were going surfing and the fishermen had spent the day bringing loads of fish from the water which made the seagulls go crazy.

After this two small trips it was time to party!! First there were festivities at Nadadouro, a small village between Caldas da Rainha and Foz do Arelho. I won a plastic coconut black hat and ate bread with chouriço. Spent one of the nights listening to my friends speaking some sort of french with french girls and admiring the singers quirky rhymes with B. The fireworks were watched very close to where they were launched,  the sound was loud and the colors in the night sky were all over the place. I didn't dance as much as I did last year and that was shame.

If you ever come to Peniche/Baleal in the first two weeks of August make sure to go to Ferrel's festivities. I've been going there every year for as long as I can remember and I always have a good time. I had some sick days during my time spent at Baleal. I hate being sick, I still went out to celebrate my cousin's birthday though I remember feeling like crap.

Sofia had to leave to Oslo and that made me sad.

Last year I made a trip with some friends down the coast of Portugal and this summer B and I decided to repeat it. I loved every second of it. On the way we fond two German girls that said Portuguese  beaches are the most beautiful ones, I agree.

B and I got back too soon, we believe, for a week of rest and preparation for the next big adventure - a 2 week surf trip to the south of France with our 8 closest friends. The trip was a success and I will tell you more about it later.

When we got back there was still time for some more little adventures like going for rides in the woods, eating strange grapes and strides along the beach.

After all this unforgettable adventures it was time to take one last dip in the ocean at Foz do Arelho, some dives in the pool and prepare ourselves for the months of school that were coming.

Photobucket
(Sara playing in the rocks near Baleal)

Photobucket
(Lovely Riscas keeping me company while I studied)

Photobucket
(Some friends enjoying themselves around the swimming pool)

Photobucket 
(The girls and I at Optimos Alive)


Photobucket
(Sara and Sofia taking funny photos)

Photobucket 
(The main stage)

Photobucket 
(The part of the view from my friends house)

Photobucket
(What a paradise!)


Photobucket 
(The ones that manage to spend some days relaxing by the beach)

Photobucket
(Seagulls going crazy for fish)

Photobucket 
(A friend I didn't get to spend much time with this summer :( He did good in a big contest and got to travel all around Europe. Well done Martim!)

Photobucket
(Friends dancing in Nadadouro)

Photobucket
(The warm sands of Baleal)

Photobucket
(An empty beach in August, what a find!)

Photobucket
(A donkey and an ostrich with a view to the ocean, believe me)

Photobucket
(The greatest boys you can find and I)

Photobucket
(A view we got to admire, you can't really see it, but the fog was magical)

Photobucket
(B driving in the woods)

Photobucket
 (My friend doing a crazy backflip)

Photobucket
(Me by the pool by B)

And here you have it- my long summer that felt like the shortest one yet.


Pata Assinatura Sónia

1 comment:

  1. Gosto muito da foto das gaivotas Sónia, está incrivel. E adoro a música também

    ReplyDelete